Saturday, February 13, 2010

Warm Paint & Pretty Floors

Well here we are, Saturday evening already! Another week has flown by and I am happy to report that much progress has been made in our kitchen/dining room remodel. Thanks to all of you who left such helpful comments on my last post. After much debating and deep contemplation I decided to go ahead and change up the wall color and color in the back of the cabinets. I just felt like it was a little too bold for my taste. It looked quite a bit darker in person than in the pictures I had posted and I just felt I needed something a little bit more subdued. So here are some pictures showing the new colors.

I just think this wall color makes the whole room warmer! The first color was way too grey for me. I actually got a REALLY warm brown and mixed it with the brown/grey I had and this was the color I came up with. I love it! And yes, that is the new color in the cabinets. I did the same mixing trick here and just got another, much more muted blue/green paint and mixed it with what I had. I love the result. Cannot WAIT to accessorize! The cabinets above the sink and above the stove will be open/display cabinets when this whole thing is said and done. :)


Close up of the new colors.


Here is a shot of the cabinets and one panel of the bead board. This one is going to be used to cap the ends of the lower cabinets that show. Still debating if I want to antique it or not.


These are the doors for the upper cabinets. I am in the process of painting them right now. Pop sanded and scraped them for me (he said that the paint could have lead content and did not want me doing that job being 6 months pregnant and all. He wore his respirator for this job!) so that they would turn out nice. What an awesome grandpa I have! Some of them were in pretty bad shape.


And here is the dining room floor with 2 coats of polyurethane on it. Still needs sanded and a coat or 2 more but I think it looks GREAT! I am so happy with it! We decided to skip the stain because we liked the color so much. This is just a clear latex sealer in a satin finish.


The kitchen floor with 2 coats.


My little helper! Couldn't resist putting this picture up even though it is a bit fuzzy. Raine LOVES the hardwood floors. I really worried at first that they wouldn't be very baby/kid friendly but so far so good. He thinks it's his own personal basketball court. I have a feeling he won't be too happy when we put the furniture back in there! haha.


Like I said, I am so excited to get to the decorating point in the kitchen. The actual remodeling is fun as well but the accessorizing and decorating are the parts I really look forward to. Here is a picture that I found that I love! The room has similar colors and just feels so warm and cozy. I'm trying to figure out what kind of curtains I want for both rooms. I really like the ones in this picture. hmm.... food for thought......

Photo credit: blissfully domestic


2 comments:

  1. I love your floors!! And the new colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! you won the Flea Market Style magazine on my blog! I'll let them know that your name was selected. If you could email an address I'll have them send it directly to you. cindy95131@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete