Thursday, January 20, 2011

All Things Crafty

Happy 2011~! I know that these wishes are a little late but better late than never right? It seems that with every new year I come up with a new list of "to do's" and this year the thing, or should I say, room that was on the top of my list was my craft room. I've gotten a lot done already but it is not finished yet. I've been browsing the web for some neat storage ideas and just decorating ideas in general for my creative space. I thought I'd share some pictures with you. :)

I love the use of vintage and also industrial items for storage!
This one is just so cute! I like how they color coordinated their fabric and I am loving the robin's egg blue boxes on the shelf!

So in other news...... my sewing machine decided to stop working the other day. I was a bit frustrated until I realized that my poor little Kenny (it's a Kenmore machine. hence the name.) has never been cleaned or oiled since I've had him! YIKES! That's like 5 years! I think I should be ashamed....... So I took Kenny to the local sewing machine shop for a good cleaning. I'm excited to get my machine back and work on some projects! It's so true what they say - you don't know what you have until you lose it! All of a sudden I feel like sewing. What a cruel irony.

Anyway, I've been checking out craftgawker and etsy for some inspiration. Just thought I'd share some of my findings with you. :)


Isn't this such a cute idea!! I think today I will be rooting through my closet trying to find a sweater or cardigan to add colorful buttons to.......


Ok these are just gorgeous! I love the wire wrap at the top of the beads. And the frosted finish on these beads is really cool too!



Alright. Prepare yourself for cuteness. Are these bears not the cutest little guys ever! I saw one on craftgawker and had to check it out. My 2 year old saw the picture and even he said "Cute!" And they are surprisingly affordable too for something handmade!


To close this post I would just like to say that if there is any text in this post...... or any of my posts that is capitalized where it shouldn't be it is because I often have a small boy sitting on my lap who is a bit obsessed with pushing the caps lock button so he can see the little light come on. :)

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I need to dig out a cardi too - super cute idea! I mean this in the absolute best way, that first little bear totally reminds me of Raine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I could definitely see the resemblance between Raine and that cute, huggable little bear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand the sewing machine frustrations! I went through a period where the thread would snap every few seconds.. so frustrating. Finally I opened up part of it - cleaned it - oiled it - and then it was back to normal. :) Definitely not a professional thorough cleaning (which it probably needs) but it was a short term remedy. :) Love the storage ideas. I would love a large collection of bins to use throughout the house - crafting supplies/toys/etc.

    ReplyDelete