Sunday, January 30, 2011

Paula Deen & a return to blondness

Well it has happened. I have given in and snatched up this wonderful set of Paula Deen cookware that I have been needing........ ok wanting, since I first saw it. Isn't it just lovely?? Seeing as it is my favorite color, not to mention the exact color of my kitchen backsplash it was love at first sight. Put that cookware love together with some leftover Christmas/birthday money and the set is mine! :) In all truthfulness I have been needing some new cookware pretty badly. Ours is a set we got for a wedding gift. We registered for a very inexpensive set and we discovered that in this case - you get what you pay for. Admittedly we were pretty hard on it. It did occasionally....... ok - usually get washed in the dishwasher for it's first year or so of use. But anyway, enough w/ the confessional. Here are some pics...............

Here is a shot of my cookware in my remodeled kitchen. I am planning a post with more pictures and details about my kitchen.



Ok topic #2. As a little girl I had very blond hair. Somehow over the years that color started to fade and my hair became a lot darker. I actually liked the darker color fairly well but felt like I needed some change. So, I pulled out my box of this:

My husband has for the last i-don't-know-how-many years wanted me to go blond again. REEEEALLY blond. Until now I haven't had the guts. Not sure what changed but my hair color sure did!

Here is a before pic. (Sorry I forgot to take a good one so this will have to do.)


Here is the after. Me and my now matching hair buddy. (His is natural of course. Just not fair......) I'm still getting used to it but I think overall I will like it for something different. The hubby came home from a youth group trip last evening and was really surprised. He likes it so I achieved my goal. :)


6 comments:

  1. The cookware is gorgeous in your kitchen, and I just adore your hair - it looks fabulous on you!!! Congrats on an *excellent* roll of the dice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I cooked w/ my new pans for the first time yesterday & love them! Thanks for the comment on my hair! Always a little scary to try something totally different! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi all! I want to share a page here you get Free Paula Deen Cookware set this is the link http://freesamplesformoms.com/free-paula-deen-cookware-set/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute hair Whitney...looks great! I just love your new cookware and your kitchen...looking forward to more pics! ~Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Deb! I have really been enjoying your blog! I love your decorating style! The sink is lovely! Did you decide on a countertop yet? You have some great choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Whitney! I wanted to drop by and say thank you for the tip on the sewing machine! :) And I love your kitchen by the way...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete